Monday, December 16, 2013

DC



I'm currently in DC right now and went to the Newsuem, which if you have the chance to go, DO IT! It was such an awesome museum, I spent 5 hours exploring and interacting with all the different exhibits. As I went through each room, there was a plaque that stated who was sponsoring the content and the display. The most effective use of this was by far the Ron Burgundy exhibit for Anchorman 2. 
HP New Media Exhibit
Another cool exhibit was the HP Exhibit for New Media. The whole room is HP screens and computers of course! You can touch the screens and pull up different topics like Twitter, WikiLeaks, the Miracle on the Hudsond. HP's sponsorship of the new media exhibit was very smart and well executed. It was entirely interactive and let you customize what you wanted to learn about. At the end of the exhibit was a game where you tested out your new media skills, and I'm proud to say I was a new media master. It would've been extremely embarrassing if I wasn't since everything it asked me questions about related to the media industry. The Newsuem was fascinating and it's been the best museum I've visited so far. Everything goes hand in hand with advertising and media. So if you get the chance to go to DC, it's definitely a must see. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Dani Whelan, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena